Creating Great Production Partnerships
As more marketers and agencies adopt the best practice of digital production offshoring, we believe there are four key ingredients to structuring successful partnerships.
Get everyone on the same page
Introducing a production partner into an existing client/agency mix can create apprehension. To set the stage for effective collaboration it is imperative that the client, agency and production partner:
- Must be 100% on-board and want the relationship to work
- Fully understand the business objectives of the new relationship
- Clearly define roles and responsibilities that play to each partner’s strengths
Ensure a smooth transition
An experienced production partner will work with all parties to collect materials and assets, as well as define detailed work steps, deadlines and deliverables to make the transition to production offshoring seamless. As a result, work won’t miss a beat and deliverables will be produced with the quality and timeliness everyone expects.
Have agility and flexibility built in
Agility is key to marketing success. Production partnerships need to have flexibility built-in to:
- Deliver the skills, domain expertise and specialists to scale as project needs dictate
- Provide talent in locations and time zones that meet campaign requirements
- Create adaptable engagement models that can evolve as the relationship grows
Facilitate team communication and project workflow
With teams distributed over multiple locations and time zones, it is imperative to have a collaborative work platform in place to facilitate communication and provide visibility into all active projects. Features such as automated review and approval processes, task assignment and follow-up are essential to efficient workflow.
Partnerships built on these principles will grow and deliver long value.
Marina Petrova is VP for Deliver, North America. She can be reached at MPetrova@deliveroffshoring.com.